1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

There's another line for your resume ... "2020: restricted action on Russian table tennis"

MileHigh and Webster like this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Lots of unders from La Liga and EPL. Far different than the wave of overs for Bundesliga last month when it started.

3. exmediahack

No Korean Baseball action for me tonight into Saturday morning but...

Japan League.

Shooting for a middle on the Yakult Swallows total. Over 9.5 to Under 11.5. Two different books. Paying 25 cents in juice. Let's see if it hits!

playthrough likes this.
  4. exmediahack

On the Dinos run line for Sunday morning at -1.5 -120. I may martingale this for a bit. Can’t imagine Hanawa is going to cover 5 in a row.

Caught a surprise $50 bonus from winning the Hubbard UFC with a TKO so life is good.

I’m an odd bird. I bet small action on NASCAR but I stick my nose up at golf gambling.

FlashScore tells me there will be 651 table tennis matches on Sunday. I’ll find a few that are plus money on both sides. :). Sports betting panning for gold.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Draft Kings odds boost on an American to win this week from -200 to +200 erased all of my betting sins the past month. Way in plus territory along with my Webb Simpson to win bet.

Chef2 and exmediahack like this.
  6. playthrough

That 'Merica prop turned around my week for sure. And a decent sweat to boot; Abraham Ancer hitting all 18 greens today at Harbour Town was nuts.

Webster likes this.
  7. playthrough

After a couple weeks of playing the big boys in the KBO, Hanwha has Samsung. If they can keep dumping on the runline it will be more profitable. And Samsung hasn't played Hanwha yet; most of their games so far have been against the top four teams in the league

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    exmediahack likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That Ancer stat is insane.

9. exmediahack

There you go, Samsung. Keep that lead.

playthrough likes this.
  10. playthrough

That's now 3-24 for Hanwha in their last 27 with every loss by 2 or more. I think I'll try to ride two more games vs. Samsung, then sit out when the Eagles play lousy KT.

11. exmediahack

Goddam right. Between Hanwha losing by 2 or more AND the English soccer under first half, this is a glorious time.

Samsung -1.5 tonight is a puzzling +105. I'm assuming Hanwha has their one good pitcher tonight.

KT is lousy, yes, but I imagine everyone is lining up to get their shots in and easy wins.

I assume they don't call this part of the season the dog days of summer.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted