1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was out of town and unable to lose money on Doosan not hitting the over.

Took some of that money to put on Keselowski again. Got 13-1 today on him in Bristol.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Cha-ching.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I thought of you when I saw Brad K in the winner's circle (mask and all). Excellent work.

MileHigh and exmediahack like this.
  4. exmediahack

Jumping back on the Doosan over after the 25+ run explosion this morning. Thinking is that Doosan already blew a hole in KZ's long relief in the series opener after getting 10 runs in the first three innings.

Gimme the Doosan over again.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

@exmediahack, you don't have to answer, but how much money did you make on the NASCAR race? Enough for a new Lay-Z-Boy with stain guard protection? And are you up for the year?

6. exmediahack

Yes. I’m up for the year because of Korean baseball and Keselowski.

I won the Charlotte race at 16-1 and that was $90 profit. $5 on him to win and I won another matchup bet. Was out of town and would have lost $30 on Doosan overs had I been in town so, when I got home, I put $30 on Keselowski at 12-1 on Sunday. Right before the race.

That won $360. I’m up about $650.

I had a treacherous and terrible college football season. But NFL playoffs got me back to even. I had the Titans 30-1 to win the AFC so when they beat Pats and Ravens, I bet the Chiefs HEAVY to win when they were down 17-7. That cashed. Same in the Super Bowl. Had the 49ers ML as an emotional hedge but, at 20-10, I took KC +425 and guaranteed a profit.

If only Mahomes over 34 rushing yards would have held...

Had a strong college basketball season betting Missouri Valley totals. Was all set for the big tourney and some hedges on long shots. Bought UCLA 750/1 for $20 (in early February) and I was going to live bet against the Bruins like crazy.

The key is to find a Profitable position that you can have play against later.

Example. Matt LaFleur cannot adjust. So play the packers spread but then live bet it later when they get up 10-0. A GB -4 number at kickoff then becomes Atlanta +10.5 later. Then try to win them both.

That’s a strategy I found some decent success with on NBA. Carve out a middle.

playthrough and Batman like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thanks, and good for you.

8. exmediahack

Bundesliga. Today. 2:30 eastern.

Frankfurt has gone over 11 straight. It’s only 2.5 today.

9. playthrough

BET

10. exmediahack

It’s heavy juice - I got it at -145 - but any German soccer with a 2.5 total I’ll look to get the over.

Doosan again didn’t hit the total. The other 4 Korean games did go over.

11. playthrough

-143 for me. Could have gone over 3.5 goals for plus money but betting on four goals in soccer feels like betting on an NFL game to hit 60.

Overs have been crazy the last few days in KBO outside of Doosan.

12. exmediahack

Between Doosan and the 0-0 start in Frankfurt, I may be runnin' cold for the week :)

Draft saved Draft deleted