1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I should have simply lit a fresh Andrew Jackson on fire rather than make this play. Jeez.

Batman likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

7-2-1 ATS for the Caesar’s promo. $1000 free bet for me, bitches. Don’t even need SNF.

Missed on Chiefs and Ravens. Pushed the Dolphins. Went 4-0 late.

playthrough, MileHigh and Batman like this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

All was not lost. Won on a SGP for the Bengals-Ravens thanks to that sweet Chase TD. Also took Lions to cover the spread, and they did.

Batman and exmediahack like this.
  4. exmediahack

If colts cover 4, it’ll be 8-2-1. Wish I could bottle this day.

How’s this for dumb luck. Every pick was within 10 minutes of kickoff. Couldn’t understand the love for Washington and the Eagles. Take the better QB.

MileHigh and Batman like this.
  5. exmediahack

Give the VSIN interview today with Mattress Mack a listen. It’s good.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

My state legalizing gambling can't come soon enough. I'm afraid all these promo offers I read about on this thread won't be so sweet when it happens.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Seems as if you can often read the tea leaves with the supposed sweetheart promos. DraftKings had one last night where you bet $50 on the Memphis/Portland spread and, win or lose, get a free bet equal to the number of points scored over 200. The o/u was 233, so you could reasonably expect around a $33 free bet. Of course, the game had 212 points.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was down to my last $8.62 on DK and am not planning on refilling unless they start coming back with some decent promos, which have dried up lately. Anyway, put that $8.62 on the USF-ECU under last night so I'm still alive. Ha.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Cashed a +190 promo on GB/Ari to have at least one TD in each quarter. I'm a sucker for exotic crap like that which allows me to watch a game a little bit differently. Simply betting the over would have lost.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Iowa-Wisconsin is why I hate betting parlays in different time windows. I have that game in two different day-long parlays (an afternoon three-teamer with some mid-afternoon games and a four-team money line parlay scattered all over) and I'm ready to send both tickets into the shredder halfway through the second quarter.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I did them in a 2-team and then each leg individually. So all I need to virtually break even is the reliable football powerhouse that is Rice to come through. What could go wrong?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have them with Mizzou (-16.5 at Vandy) and Louisiana-Monroe (+28 at Appy State) in the three-teamer; and then with UTEP, Kentucky, and Ole Miss in am odds-play underdog money line parlay. The latter was a $5 throwaway bet that pays $221 if it hits.

I still do this for fun, though, which is why I bet parlays based on time windows. Win or lose, I enjoy being invested in three games at once. I hate when an early loss kills the ticket before the other games even kick off. Or, on the flip side, winning the first couple of legs and then realizing I still need to get one more several hours later. That's what's annoying me about this game, is now I have two dead tickets and one game has ruined the fun of watching several others.

Draft saved Draft deleted