1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hit 6/7 of a Europa League parlay for +5237. Had Man United to win in the 7th and they gave up a tying goal in injury time. Only $1 but ugh.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oof. That's a bummer.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Utah
    Penn State
    2 teamer.

I hate Wisconsin basketball and that irritable Duke wannabe, Ben Davison. That's all i got.

4. poindexter

Nice call. I took it, I know you follow IU. IU seemed up to the task for the first 30 minutes of the game. Plus, damn, they had - get this - a home court advantage!

5. poindexter

It came home. Penn State wasn't covering the whole game until late.
    Utah went to double OT. Overtime, as SVP and Stanford Steve point out, is usually not a friend to the OT bettor.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I didn't watch the game (as an alum I can't take it anymore), but from what I've heard and read, IU would have been better off playing far, far away.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Missed that NBA bet by five total points. Hawks needed three more, Hornets needed two more.

Early action I like today: Michigan/Maryland under; Purdue to cover +1.5 (it's down to 1 now); Toledo -3 over Ohio.

One I'm keeping an eye on due to reverse line movement: Oklahoma State +9 vs. Baylor. It opened at Baylor -10.5,

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

In the process of getting the funds at my eight books somewhat evenly distributed to be ready to fire a week from today when the tournament starts.

Amused that I'm seeing an email from one book, about "responsible gaming" and that this should only be for "entertainment". A half hour later, I see a promo on the same book's website promising me a $1,999 free bet if I can get 20k into "action" on the first round of the tournament.

Cockroaches.

poindexter likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oof. Went over by three.

Oof. Purdue getting housed.

TBD.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Northwestern St - Nicholls St.

Pregame... Book A. Total Over 163.5 +255.
    Boom B. Under 164.5 -250.

Why the hell not? $240 at Book A. 600 at Book B.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That game ended at 164. Fucking brilliant.

College bets were shit, but I did hit an in-game Rockets-Jazz parlay (Rockets +18.5, under, Jazz to win by 11+). Final was 114-99. And I went heavy on the Oregon State ML, which paid off.

12. poindexter

I don't really bet the in-game at Bovada but I notice that the lines are all -120.
    What are they at your books?

Draft saved Draft deleted