1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shoutout to Wyoming-San Jose for already reaching 46 points by the second media timeout. The shooting has to cool down, right? SJSU at 53.3, Wyoming at 66.7. Ugh.

EDIT: It hasn't /narratorvoice

104 fucking points at halftime. I'm just going to laugh at the absurdity of this one.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I put a couple of shekels on ND UNC under. I was going to parlay it with the Wyoming SJSU game but I missed the early start.

3. poindexter

LOL - i wasn't going to be 'that guy'. They're going to hit the over with 10 minutes to go! :D

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, if you back and look at the last 10 for both teams, it made a lot of sense. You can't account for those ridiculous shooting percentages, though. They call it gambling for a reason, I guess.

5. poindexter

If I post a proposed bet on here, I plan to give my half-assed reasoning behind my bet at that time.

If it hits, great. If it loses, so be it.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

FanDuel offers 60-minute bets on NHL, and they should fucking do the same on college hoops, because I killed a Xavier-Butler under only to have those fucking twats go to overtime and cover it. Fuck this fucking shit.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Those games take months off your life, win or lose. Last night I was on Oral Roberts, which was up 25 at half only to give it all back and then somehow win by 3 at the end. Plenty of time for me to ask why the hell I'm in the foxhole with Oral effing Roberts.

8. poindexter

Let's hit the reset button.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yessir. Appreciate the chance to vent last night but today is a new day.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Taking Rutgers -3 tonite against my beloved Hoosiers, who have been Dead Team Walking for weeks. Fans are howling for the coach's job, but Archie Miller has a $10 million buyout in a pandemic.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Would have posted beforehand but was afraid of jinxing ... cold streak ends with a three-leg daytime parlay hit: Michigan State/Maryland under; Southern Utah -7 (won by 8, whew); Miami to cover +9.5 vs. Georgia Tech (lost by 4). Needed this.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Talk me out of a three-leg of Charlotte (-4.5) vs. Detroit; Atlanta (-3.5) "at" Toronto with no Siakim or Van Vleet; Nets (-2) at home vs. Boston. I know no Durant, but Kyrie and Harden are playing and Brooklyn should win that game.

Seems sound, no?

Draft saved Draft deleted