1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Dec 8, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anyone preparing for the next hot new release in smartphones, the Galaxy Nexus?

Just saw a link on Google for Forbes.com which says Verizon is releasing it on Dec. 9. But the link is dead. Don't know if it was pulled or what.

I am getting a new smartphone to replace my iPhone 3G. It's either the iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S2, or the Galaxy Nexus. Some of you out of the US might already have a Nexus, as it has been released seemingly everywhere else.

Early reports said it would go for $249, but I'm seeing a new rumor of $299. That might be a bit too steep. The screen is much larger than an iPhone, but the camera is not nearly the quality. As far as everything else, I don't know if there's much differences between the phones. I do worry that Android users often don't get software updates for the life of their service contract.

Anyone geeking out for this release?

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I had a HTC Thunderbolt for about 6 mos. Loved the 4G and verizon service was very good.

Switched to the 4S when my new employer picked up my smartphone costs. I don't mind the smaller screen because the 4S screen seems sharper. Photos are much clearer, easier. Oh yeah, and Siri is PHENOMENAL, better than any voice recognition thing on my Android. I don't miss the 4G much, think its a bit overrated.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get back to the Nexus.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted