1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GA sports reporter, Quad-City Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by giantjay25, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

You never know what G.A. means. At some papers, G.A. is the best job on the staff (see Thompson, Wright at KC Star). At others, it means you'll cover the underwater tiddly-winks finals, the July 4 turtle races and take Little League call-ins while compiling agate every night.

Might want to clear up some things in the interview (if you get that far), but there's no sense turning people off from sending in a resume and some clips because you suspect it's a "shit job."

2. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

The former SE and the current SE both appear to be good guys to work for. Doxsie is the former columnist was an APSE column writing winner. His Sunday notes are still a good read, and in the times I've talked to him he's very unassuming. I'd like to think he's the kind of boss who wouldn't pile the crappy assignments on the new GA guy.

3. MNVikingCruiseCo.

MNVikingCruiseCo. New Member

There isn't a lot to complain about when you talk about anyone on the QCT sports staff. From Dox on down they all stick to there beats, and do their jobs. I believe this position came open because longtime prep reporter Dearrel Bates is calling it quits.
    This area is also pretty unique when it comes to its location and minor league teams and the PGA Tour event.
    Batterson is one of the best sportswriters in the state, if not the best. He was sportswriter of the year in the state a couple years back I believe.

4. :'(
    (I kid.)

5. BH33

BH33 Member

6. Lord_Gordon

Lord_Gordon New Member

Giving this a bump... any news here?

7. Wisconsin Cowboy

Wisconsin Cowboy New Member

I got an e-mail back from the SE a couple of days ago. They are narrowing down their search this week and should be contacting people for interviews soon.

8. BH33

BH33 Member

Any news on this one?

9. Pops

Pops Member

Interviews have been scheduled.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Word on the street is that this one has been filled.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Money.

12. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Who got it?

Draft saved Draft deleted