1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GA reporter/columnist, Montgomery Advertiser

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by steveu, Oct 18, 2012.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Yes, it's Gannett... but it looks like Montgomery's trying to make inroads where Birmingham, Mobile and Huntsville retrenched. Thoughts?

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1446037

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Here is an opportunity to write good columns in a good sports state.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, Drip. Looks like Montgomery and Tuscaloosa's papers are trying to make inroads on Birmingham. Wonder who left?

4. slc10

slc10 Member

With the Alabama Media Group running the same gameplan as the NOLA group (same owners) it doesnt hurt for Montgomery and Tuscaloosa to take a shot.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Birmingham was sacred ground, the place where many journalists wanted to finish their careers. And rightly so. That's certainly not the case any longer.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Print edition aside, Birmingham's college coverage is pretty fucking great. I went to the site on a Saturday and they were just covering the shit out of everything. Auburn, Bama, Mississippi State, the smaller Bama schools... I was impressed.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

No question the coverage is impressive. But it's going to come down to dollars and cents Mizzou. The unknown question is can this model make money?Stay tuned.

8. slc10

slc10 Member

Still wanting that twitter handle. I have one but I swear I don't use that thing often. Guess I should put a couple of things on there.

9. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

WHO WANTS TO WORK FOR BRAD ZIMANEK?!

10. slc10

slc10 Member

Care to elaborate SEC Guy?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember in college when it seemed like the KC Star covered every Big Eight game... Birmingham had a writer at the Florida-South Carolina game on Saturday. Coverage like that these days is rare...

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Well documented. Do a search for Zimanek.

Draft saved Draft deleted