1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

G20 running thread..Canada's largest city shut down ...but there's no traffic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What did the Habs win today?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Another cop car torched on - I think - Queen. More people taking pictures and yapping on cell phones than anything else. This isn't protest, it's vandalism. They don't know why the fuck they're there or what they are supposed to be protesting.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Seriously, this is costing a billion fucking dollars. a 2 million dollar indoor fake lake. Can we not hold this by sattelite, do we not have the technology?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If they'd just start shooting these douchebags this shit would stop pretty quick. It'd keep costs down too.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Exactly, JC. I don't know that there is an actual benefit for a community to host summits like these. But there sure are a whole lot of detriments.

Me, I'm curious as to what kind of damage would be caused if they hadn't spent a billion dollars making sure everything is, um, safe.

Oh, but the political leaders are all safe and sound and remain blissfully isolated from the plebes in the streets? Well, then, it's a success!! ::)

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great report just aired on CTV about a group of youths - calling themselves the Black Bloc wearing black clothes and masks, racing through the streets causing shit. Cameras caught them changing their clothes - no surprise they look like suburban white kids getting changed before heading back to mommy and daddy and their fucking X Boxes. Reporter chases them and asks them why they changed. One kid looks at the camera like he just shit his pants thinking about being caught acting like an idiot.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great report just aired on CTV about a group of youths - calling themselves the Black Bloc wearing back clothes and masks, racing through the streets causing shit. Cameras caught them changing their clothes - no surprise they look like suburban white kids getting changed before heading back to mommy and daddy and their fucking X Boxes. Reporter chases them and asks them why they changed. One kid looks at the camera like he just shit his pants thinking about being caught acting like an idiot.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I hope someone followed them all the way home, for two reasons. Number one, so police could arrest and charge them. Number two, so some aggrieved Toronto property owners can pay them a visit and smash their fucking windows out in return.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There the same douchebags who broke windows at the olympics. I have no problem with people protesting, none at all. But why are you rioting, why are you covering your face?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Why don't these people go protest real oppressive governments, like China and North Korea?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because their cops use tanks, not tear gas.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

And, as you've already pointed out, Huggy, they wouldn't be able to just go home afterward for supper and Xbox.

Draft saved Draft deleted