1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

G20 running thread..Canada's largest city shut down ...but there's no traffic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Re: Scenes from the G20.....

Greece is petitioning to host a G20 meeting as a post-Olympic economic recovery measure.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cops protecting what's really important

[​IMG]

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why can't they all go to a Sandals for a long weekend?

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ted Nugent must be attending the G20.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is almost too perfect.

The employees of the Novotel Hotel, (almost across the street from where Mr. Crossbow was arrested) have gone on strike. This is a French owned hotel and it's where the G20 French delegates were to be staying.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/g8-g20/news/toronto-hotel-workers-strike-ahead-of-g20/article1615778/?cmpid=rss1

By mid-day, 20 picketers remained, banging drums and blowing vuvuzelas. They had set up a giant inflatable rat across the street from the entrance, bearing a sign that said "Vive le Novotel Libre! Liberte, egalite, fraternite."

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The vuvuzelas are a nice touch. They add a touch of festiveness and a hip awareness.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

AP sent a bunch of photos from an Indigenous rights rally, there.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, here's another photo of the car. I mean what was the guy thinking?

[​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, your terrorist. Looks like he could have driven in from Mimico.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Re: Scenes from the G20.....

wish there was a G20 every week. The drive in along the Gardiner is the best its been in years.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That is a good point.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Think about the dog!

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnists/greg_weston/2010/06/24/14508241.html#/comment/columnists/greg_weston/2010/06/24/pf-14508241.html

He was casually but neatly dressed in a clean blue shirt, and, except for the handcuffs, looked like an ordinary forlorn tourist perhaps waiting for a tow-truck.

He had tears in his eyes, and looked clearly distraught. There was no hint of anger or aggression.

“My dog,” he said plaintively to no one in particular. “Please someone do something with my dog.”

That’s when I spotted Marley, a 10-month-old bundle of white fur with woeful eyes, chained to a nearby pillar.

The police were keeping everyone well back from the scene, but let me approach McCullough to ask if I could help with the dog.

Even the cops felt sorry for Marley.

McCullough gave me the number for his elderly parents in Scarborough who said they would find a way to pick up Marley before the city dog catchers got there.

Only in Toronto.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

These stupid fucking summits are huge wastes of time and money.

A billion dollars. At least. Give me a break. Absolutely pathetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted