1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

G20 running thread..Canada's largest city shut down ...but there's no traffic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Re: Scenes from the G20.....

I think Dixie, Dixon, Renforth, Courtenay Park, may all be closed temporarily at some point

I know they were going to close the Renforth exit on the 401 Eastbound as well.

When they shut down the Gardiner for motorcades going east into the city, they'll make everyone exit on the westbound Gardiner from the southbound 427. That'll be nice. Maybe everybody could just keep driving to Hamilton.

There are about six cop cars parked down the street from our office

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What a clusterfuck. You couldn't get me to go out by the airport or anywhere near the donwtown core for all the money.

About a month ago we had cops from both Peel and Metro using our parking lot to practice crowd control measures on bicycles. The airport is in Peel's territory so they have a pretty big involvement in this too.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Of course you aren't going to attract the attention of an area FULL of cops with some ugly thing stapled to the top of your car and a bumper tied on with string. Fucking moran.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think we need an international law mandating that all meetings of world leaders take place in the Galapagos. These guys and gals are pests for any urban area.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Last year, the Dodgers were in Pittsburgh during the G20 summit. One of the writers asked a player what he thought of the G20 thing and he said, "Oh, I just like the regular Gatorade."

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Now that is funny.

$1 billion this is costing us -- including a fake lake created just for photo ops. It's a joke.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

CNN just had a report on this, including video. How this guy expected to get anywhere with that piece of shit car is beyond me. These are the kind of guys the OPP pulls over on the 400 every long weekend. Shit on the roof, bumper held on with string, chainsaw in the trunk....

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Lots of good stuff at #g20 on Twitter

After seeing 25 cops standing in front it is clear that the most important delegate at the #G20 is Tim Horton's

RT @alexboutilier Seriously, was the guy trying to assassinate a world leader or fend off a post-apocalyptic zombie horde? #g20 #wtf

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And here's a photo of the arrest.

[​IMG]

One guy, about a dozen cops on bikes.

Was he going hunting or something? A crossbow?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If they were camouflaged, how did she see them?

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Could see the gun turrets peaking out.

Draft saved Draft deleted