1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Futurama marathon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 31, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Its the final Futurama marathon on Adult Swim. They are showing the global warming episode now.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

What do you mean by final? Are they going to stop airing Futurama episodes?

3. KYSportsWriter

Supposedly. A commercial just aired promoting American Dad as the new show on AS.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Ugh. Talk about a drop off in quality.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=8&message.id=1860395

Says Futurama is moving to Comedy Central because Cartoon Network didn't pony up for it.

6. KYSportsWriter

Well good. I thought it was being taken off for good.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Comedy Central bought up the rights to Futurama's back-catalogue at the same time as it decided to bring the show back for new episodes.

They started the marathon on the 26th, and they'll get through pretty much every episode by the end of tonight.

They have the first and what I think was the last episode on tomorrow between 11 and midnight. The second is one of my favorites, where Fry gets the Devils hands.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I have the whole series on DVD, but more often than not I'll stop and watch it if it's on.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I watched six hours of the marathon last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted