1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

futurama has a future!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Jul 7, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

did we miss this? or am i d_b'ing?

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...22173912_RTRIDST_0_TELEVISION-FUTURAMA-DC.XML

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Wherefore were thou, Comedy Central, for Freaks and Geeks?

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

This is good news.

I'm as big a Simpsons fan as you'll find, but the show has, in large part, lost its fastball.

Futurama seemed funnier down the stretch, so maybe there's life in ol' Matt Groening after all.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Someone posted a link to this on the thread about Arrested Development's final death, so I guess technically, it's a DB, but whatever man. It deserves its own thread.

There's an episode of Futurama, and I wish I could remember the plot, but good lord it made me laugh harder than just about any Simpsons episode ever.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The theme music and Bender's shenanigans are worth renewing this show by themselves.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/721807/

I guess it's a D_B, but I've had my share of those too.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Gotta be the "Human Horn" episode where Bender came making the jerk-off jokes.

I laughed my ass off at it.

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Does this mean no more Futurama on Adult Swim?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Adult Swim will still air the episodes just like they do Family Guy...

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Any show that references the great Harold Lloyd and the ridiculous Donovan "Atlantis" video will always be all right by me.

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Indeed good news.

However, I do take issue to your point about the Simpsons losing its fastball. Like a well-aged starter, the Simpsons are starting to become location pitchers instead of fire-ballers. Yet, with the movie coming out in 2008 I do see this as the final stretch for America's favorite animated family.

I can't wait for the new Futurama, that show gave the writers all the crazy subplots and jokes that should have been written into the Simpsons, but only could be used in Treehouse of Horror episodes. They just didn't want The Simpsons to end up like Family Guy with the nonsense jokes.

In the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson

WOOOOO-HOOOOOOO
    ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted