1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Futurama alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The dog episode gets most of the attention, but I say the best episode of the series is on Cartoon Network right now -- Time Keeps on Slipping. It involves Globetrotters ...

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

That's a great one. I'm partial to two episodes: the one where Bender gets fired out of the torpedo tube and gets lost, only to play God to a race of ultra small aliens on a meteor that hits him.

The other is where the crew gets trapped on the Amazonian planet, and the men are sentenced to death by snu-snu after lenghty femputations. It also includes my favorite Zap Branigan line: "Ladies, please.... the spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Those, indeed, are quality choices.

4. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

I always liked the "Less than Hero" episode that parodied the Justice League.

[​IMG]

And it also features my favorite line from the whole series: His crew includes a badger with a troubled past and nothing left to lose, an elephant who never forgets -- to kill! And a seldom-used crab named Lucky, a.k.a. Citizen Snips.

5. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Really? I thought you were the rowbit.

7. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

What?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My favorite was the Popplers episode, where they find the Omicronians babies and start harvesting them as a new fast food item. So many great one-liners and throwaway jokes it's impossible to count.
    Branigan: I have a plan!
    Leela (motioning to Fry and Bender): Great, why don't you tell it to Wingus and Dingus here.
    Branigan: Wingus, Dingus...

A close second is the one where Fry gets worms in his bowel after eating the toilet sandwich. Same deal as the Popplers, with the one-liners:
    Hermes: They're jazzercising his muscles! Soon he'll be as strong and as flexible as Gumby and Hercules put together!
    Zoidberg: Gumbercules? I love that guy!

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Great call on that one. They recently played the episode where Zoidberg travels back to his home planet in an attempt to mate. That one too, is hilarious.

And I think my favorite bit character is Hedonism-bot

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Pop a Poppler in your mouth when you come to Fishy Joe's
    What they're made of is a mystery, where they come from, no one knows
    You can pick 'em, you can lick 'em, you can chew 'em, you can stick 'em
    If you promise not to sue us, you can shove one up your nose

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Hey, you're not the guy who delivers the rat droppings.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Whoa, they are great! Mmmmmm ... they're like sex, except I'm having them!

Draft saved Draft deleted