1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Further evidence gender reveal parties are the worst

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Further evidence people are the worst

/fixed

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

What trend is a greater indication of the impending apocalypse: Gender-reveal parties or these fucking hashtags for weddings?

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it be a "sex reveal" party?

StaggerLee and SFIND like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I recently attended a wedding that was listed as Temecula (wine country) but in fact was in Hemet. Someone smart took a few acres of dry-as-shit farmland in the southern ca desert, planted some grapes, and viola! A place for a wedding. Only problem is that there was zero cell service - no bars - and no wifi. That hashtagged wedding had to have the worst response in history.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The pink bat gave it away.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1. I know some people who have done them - all much younger than me, which makes sense because I'm the only one dumb enough to be having kids at my age.
    I don't get it, but what ever floats your boat.

B. The real issue: This is cisgender-hetero-normative parental bullsh#t. You can know the baby's sex, but you can't know if the sex is correct and matches that future person's truth. Worse, you can't know the baby's gender at this point.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

B is a gem.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'll admit to being dumb. I saw the thread title, and didn't realize this was about someone revealing their pregnancy.

I honest to God thought this was a bunch of shitheads getting together and deciding what gender they felt like being today.

Draft saved Draft deleted