1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Further Continuous Proof That B@stards Continue Winning

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Nov 17, 2010.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_641c9774-f0b5-11df-9e54-001cc4c002e0.html

This guy kills a young man on a bike with his car, then turns around and sues the dead boy's parents because the kid was not wearing a helmet. A-hole!! If this does not prove to some people that the bastards are winning in this culture, I am not sure what will prove it. Outrageous!!!

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I could see that as his defense to the parents' lawsuit, that their damages should be mitigated because he wasn't wearing the helmet.

But to sue the parents for mental anguish and a bunch of other BS? Hope the asshole is getting some extra mental anguish in prison.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

A shiv does a good job of easing his mental anguish.

4. My first thought was, "Well, I'd be pretty upset if I killed a kid on a bike and it was his fault. I'd be haunted by that the rest of my life, and most people would blame me. So maybe this guy has a point in that he's serving some mandatory state sentence for manslaughter when it wasn't his fault."

Then I read this...

"Prosecutors say Weaving was recklessly passing another car at about 83 mph in a 45-mph zone..."

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

for manslaughter there has to be fault. otherwise it's considered an accident.

6. My point was that I assumed - maybe out of pure naivety - that the guy was suing with something reasonable in mind, like the scenario I described. I mean, you can't be at fault when you kill someone and then sue them, right? Maybe he got railroaded over going 5 mph over and the kid was zooming out of the lane. But no, I was wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted