1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Furloughs beginning at CNHI...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tmayforth, Mar 11, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nobody in this business can afford to assume their jobs are safe. We all need backup plans and escape routes.

2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Any ideas?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/59431/

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going back to community college to study Network Administration, and I'm sending out some feelers for freelance and volunteer work to start putting together a technical writing portfolio. Lots of people have advised me to go into technical writing.

5. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

You need to go back and learn Basic Newspaper Management. If you cheat playing Monopoly, you get an instant 12 credits at most online universities.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ryan, thank you for the link to an excellent thread. Well done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Does anyone have any inside information as to how CNHI is doing financially? Is it as bad as they're trying to make it or are they just using the scare tactics in Washington to take money from our pockets?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

My best CNHI source just got canned so I'm using a backup guy who says they are in deep do do. I know it's not much but that's all that I can get say right now.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

needed a mole to tell you that?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

No, I needed a troll and you posted as promptly as you always do. keep up the good work.

11. My understanding is they are pretty strapped and there was some problem with balloon payments being due and they just didn't have the funds for it.
    For the company to exaggerate a little wouldn't surprise me, but the hiring freezes and raise freezes have been going on for a while, so I don't think they're just crying wolf.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

you calling anyone a troll is a hoot... the only thing you do better than anyone else...

Draft saved Draft deleted