1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Furloughs beginning at CNHI...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tmayforth, Mar 11, 2009.

1. nosuitandties

nosuitandties New Member

So I worked at this WONDERFUL cnhi company for ...... a number of years. It is without a doubt amazing that the company has survived as it has.

I don't understand why they don't sell those tv companies if they want to really be a newspaper company. They say they are community, but where I worked, they only came down in suit and ties to fire someone who shouldn't have been fired, or to introduce someone who shouldn't have been hired.

Where I worked, dedicated employees would be driven out because the company wouldn't offer any more than maybe a 2 percent raise after two, three, four or five years of doing everything right. Right before I left they cut hours and announced the furlough. I'm not surprised, and I honestly can't imagine this company, the way it is right now, will survive this way much longer. I hear horror stories of the suits and ties throwing big parties with lots and lots of money spent on booze, but then seven or eight journalists in one newsroom are forced to share one old digital camera and work on 10-year-old Apples.

Yeah, way to go, cnhi. It's too bad we're all too scared to say anything about it or to ask for an upgrade in equipment, because we're worried we'll lose our jobs. I lucked out and while I wouldn't want to go back to cnhi, at this point I can't say I wouldn't just because, I may not have a choice in this job market, should something happen.

Would definitely be my absolute last choice. I've seen the light of other companies and have to say cnhi is by far the worse.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

May have been the worst line of the 2008 football season.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Received my first "your salary has been reduced to..." notice in my most recent paycheck. First of six that are scheduled.

More to come?

Draft saved Draft deleted