1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Furcal's Out And Dropo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, May 16, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Furcal went 4-for-4 on Sunday. Then he was 4-for-5 on Monday. If that out had been a single, he would have tied Walt Dropo for the most consecutive at-bats with a hit when he started Tuesday night 3-for-3. That is, if he didn't walk somewhere in that stretch. I forgot to check that.

In any case, he was 11 for his last 12 at one point tonight and is now 11 for his last 13. and 13 for his last 17. On May 4, his average was .209. He's now up to .291.

For those who are curious, the most hits in a single month was 56 by Ichiro in August 2004, when he learned about a guy named Sisler. Even with three hits on Tuesday, Furcal was only at 22 for the month.

During one stretch in April, by the way, Fural was 4-for-36.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I actually felt as though I was channeling my Buckdub throughout that post, and part of me guessed that you would show up to tell me how I have it all wrong. I wonder about Rose's run at DiMaggio stacks up with Jeter and Boggs.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Too bad he isn't stealing bases at the same rate![/fantasybaseballlooser]

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The steals will come. The Dodgers want to run. Furcal does this every year. He is terrible the first five or six weeks of the season, then he still ends up with a solid batting average, 30-plus steals and double-digit homers.

Draft saved Draft deleted