1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny People

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jul 31, 2009.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I've never been more excited to see a movie.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Seriously... shut the fuck up and eat four pepperoni pies

Fucking bobblehead

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You couldn't pay me to see this movie. The only person I find remotely entertaining is Leslie Mann and she doesn't outweigh all of the suck of the male leads. I can't stand any of them, Jonah Hill in particular.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wenders = dead to me. :D

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing that blows my mind is that supposedly cost $90 million to make Funny People.
    Okay, Sandler gets paid, but you'd think the studio would say "we think you believe in the movie so much we'll give you a share of the profits."
    Apatow's movies have always seemed pretty sparse in terms of production design, usually are filmed and set in contemporary L.A. Where does the money go?

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Awww come on. My first post back from my new-neighbor-bandwidth-stealing-forced-Internet-Siberia and I've already incurred your wrath?

7. imjustagirl

No, I smiled. You're good.

oop, however? NO smile. :D

I just luff Seth Rogen.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was confused. I thought Rogen was playing the Green Hornet and then I heard Ryan Reynolds got the role. Apparently Hollywood is releasing a Green Hornet movie (Rogen) in the same year they are releasing the Green Lantern (Reynolds).
    I almost get the idea that movie pitches begin and end with how they can be sold at ComicCon.

9. imjustagirl

Except Reynolds apparently didn't show up at ComicCon because of some fight with Scarlett Jo.

Oh, wait, THAT'S not why he didn't show up... ::)

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jul/30/1n30pubeye202213/

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

sandler and apatow on charlie rose for the hour NOW!!! 8) 8) 8)

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I went to a screening of Funny People on Wednesday night and I really, really liked it. I don't really like Adam Sandler but I thought he did a great job. There were more dick jokes than I'm comfortable with, but I liked it anyway.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Saw it tonight. It had some really funny lines, but it was just too long. It needed much better direction.

Draft saved Draft deleted