1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny line (in retrospect) in the movie "Jade"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, May 2, 2014.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm watching the 1995 movie "Jade" today. During the course of a murder investigation the David Caruso character (a cop) confronts the governor of California (Richard Crenna) with some pictures of the governor having sex with someone who is not his wife. The governor warns Caruso that if those photos are made public, Caruso's career "will be deader than Jerry Brown's."

Pretty funny how that worked out.

Bad movie But Linda Fiorintino was easy on the eyes.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was the second of Caruso's two movies in 1995, the start of that huge career as a movie star he left NYPD Blue to pursue. Ah well. At least CSI: Miami came along for him in 2002.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually thought Kiss of Death was a pretty good movie. It bombed at the box office though...

Jade was horrendous.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Kiss of Death" was the one where Nicolas Cage was doing chest presses with the stripper, right?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Act like David Caruso in Jade."

Speaking of lines that didn't work out. I was reading a story about World B. Free in the SI Vault from 1979. This paragraph is listed within ...

That first-round pick the Clippers gave away in the then-distant future turned out to be Charles Barkley.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

All together, now: "That's terrble!"

Draft saved Draft deleted