1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny item for SJ'rs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Mar 15, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The first amendment applies to government suppression of speech. Not Diablo Barbell rejects suppression of speech.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

second try...
    Don't Leave Home Without Slappy.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Funny item for SJ\\\'rs

Lighten up, Francis.

I am just asking you not to make my life miserable.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

"Have you forgotten how good clever usename tastes?"

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Your brother liked the shoes too, JDV.

[​IMG]

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Re: Funny item for SJ\\\\\\\'rs

Strong and Beautiful, Just Like Trouser_Buddah.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

As we all wait breathlessly for 20,000 word motion to dismiss, on grounds that his name is not Francis, and a moderator shouldn't be outing anyone.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think JD gets a pass. He's hot. Demonstrably hot.

9. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Wow, thanks for the con law lesson Ragu - LOL.

You know after going to Berkeley Law & passing the Cal Bar on the first shot I really needed that.

Oh brother. Next you will tell me how to lift weights or date hot women...maybe tie my shoes?

The point is there is a "spirit" to the first amendment that ALL Americans should subscribe to ESPECIALLY journalists who make their living off of it & MOST ESPECIALLY for those journalists who have called for Shield laws and other special exemptions/ protections for journalists.

Look, I am not going to get in the mud with you or any of the regular hater crew. My karma/zen is too good right now & I am not wasting my time.

After your (once again - like in ALL of my threads) unneeded cheap shot/stalking me it did give me a chance to come and say this bit of info to you.

1.) Your not smart Ragu ok...well let me modify that you are maybe average - perhaps more then average - I don't know. What I do know is you are NOWHERE near as smart as you think you are. You have flat out proven that repeatedly.

2.) Why am I saying this?

The performance you gave in the Balco/Chron reporter thread was so horrible it was an embarrassment. Your arrogance & lack of any real handle on legal or ethical issues was just insane. You pretty much said that the reporters should be their own judge and juries and screw the rest of us & the laws, "who cares about the grand jury system" right? All we want is the truth and however that comes out damn everything else. Heck, leaks are good...right!!??

Err...well maybe only the truth that the reporter (not the mean evil coporate media owners mind you) WANTS to give out right. They are the arbiters/power brokers now.

Well, that is an interesting line of argument coming from one that likely howled when Valerie Plame/Wilson's name got leaked (by Armitage NOT Libby or Rove). Well, that was blasphemy & we need to jail those guys right!!??

Huh, well, what about forcing reporters to give up their sources?

How about Gov (or heck corporate) surveillance, drug tests etc. nothing wrong with that is there? No we just want the truth damn the laws and Constitution.

I could go on & on & on at the sheer mockery you made of yourself, our Constitution, justice system & civil liberties but I won't.

The fact is the press is more or less like a 4th (albeit unofficial) branch of gov and is critical to our freedom & Republic. However, like the other branches it must be checked as absolute power creates tyranny.

Here is another aside for you:

You know that whole Chron reporter thread Rok & I knew nothing about?

Yeah well a MAJOR central figure from the case contacted me and loved what I had to say ("nothing new here" right). Now that I have some time once I decide what I want to do you may see a lot more explosive details/analysis coming soon.

Meanwhile, I won't jack my own thread and we can continue to our regular programming as it seems many are having fun w/ the slogans as was all that was intended with this thread.

As for you Ragu - just stop posting on my threads if you don't like me - how about that? At least put up a damn sign to hide your face that is true like "I am an idiot and know nothing about the law - but that won't stop me from opining about it!"). I can think of many more signs for you but I am trying to be nice.

Dude, I am brushing off my shoulder w/ your negativity & moving forward.

John

10. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Sweet slogan!

Yeah, they are hot SC

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Re: Funny item for SJ\\\'rs

Wow. Nastiness, eh?
    Anyways, my slogan is catchy: \\\"A STLIrish a day helps you work, rest and play.\\\"

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Funny item for SJ\'rs

Chicks = reps.

Draft saved Draft deleted