1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny item for SJ'rs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Mar 15, 2007.

1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hey all,

Been super busy but wanted to stop by after Rok told me about his latest post regarding Kobe beef. I don't really care too much about B-Ball but he digs it & I think the whole thing is funny.

Anyway, scope this out - it is pretty inane & silly - but nonetheless amusing and should be perfect for the board.

One of my Myspace friends sent this to me

This is the deal go to this site and put in your name (or alias I guess for this board) to get your slogan:

www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi

The FIRST thing that pops up is what you have to go with and repost it here for the board.

Here is what it came up for me:

"Double the Pleasure, Double the John D. Villarreal."

That is about perfect for me & I knew you guys would get a kick out of it!

Can't wait to see some of these.

John

PS - for those of you I promised diets/programs to I am going to try to knock those out this weekend now that GDC is done. Thanks for the patience. :)

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We did the Sloganizer game here, what ... two years ago?

[​IMG]

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Seems about that long ago. It was fun for a bit though.

4. John D. Villarreal

Yeah, I wasn't here two years ago although JDV Evolution has a nice ring to it.

Nice shoes SC!

Very technochic.

Hmm, maybe it is time to update/change the avatar? My new MySpace pic is awesome but that may be too devastating.

Ehh, I will think about that when I get to the backorder for programs. I at least need an update since I am more cut now - spring and all.

In an unrelated topic - I have been following the Sarah Silverman show & it really is that good! Go SS!!

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Re: Funny item for SJ\\\'rs

There is a grass-roots movement urging me to delete anything you post on Anything Goes. Please refrain from giving us double the JDV.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

MySpace!?! Is that how you pull provably, demonstrably hot chicks from 19-35?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The first ad that pops up on this page is:
    The Fart Button
    Press it
    You know you want to...

8. John D. Villarreal

JD,

1.) When did you become a moderator?

2.) Are you kidding me I haven't posted anything in like a month???

3.) This is certainly better/no worse than...hmm 70% of the posts on the AG section. At WORST its harmless.

4.) And here is what is priceless - many of the liberal SJ'rs who champion the first amendment are so quick to reach for that censorship button the minute they see something/someone they don't like.

Tell the crybabies (err...haters) to go cry in the corner (if there really is a "grassroots" PM movement). Am I not allowed to respond to people posting on my threads now?

Honestly, I am not even mad - that is just pathetic AND revealing. Freedom of the press indeed.

John

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mine said "Where Ijag is a Pleasure."

Um....

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tough on Dirt, Gentle on Slappy4428

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I Prefer my second try, which was "Get IJAG or get out."

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

First try: There's something special in the Hank Scorpio.

Second try: Snap, crackle, Hank Scorpio.

Draft saved Draft deleted