1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny fantasy football picks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 30, 2006.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I was once in a league where Oronde Gadsden provided the season championship-winning TD catch on a Monday nighter in the second half.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I lost a championship game in 2003 when Amani Toomer scored three or four touchdowns. Last year, he didn't catch one. Bad timing.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I won my only USAT football title on the last night of the season when Merrill Hoge (!) scored twice for the Steelers' only TDs in a bad beatdown by the Oilers (!!!).

4. Patriots RB Mosi Tatupu in 1984. Four TDs rushing, four TDs receiving. Rode his coattails to a championship.

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

leonard russell, brett perriman, olandis gary

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Trung Candidate helped me out a couple of times. Olandis Gary too.

One funny fantasy football moment ... this was many, many years ago, I'm matched up against my sports editor and I'm ahead by a couple of points. We're both working the desk, watching the Monday Night game. He has a receiver going and I have Denver's defense/special teams. I don't remember who he had, but that receiver scored a TD late in the fourth, little more than a minute left in the game. That TD put my boss ahead of me. He was dancing all around, celebrating, making a complete ass out of himself. I'm kinda getting pissed, but not showing it. He's totally getting in my face and I'm just shocked.

Then, in the greatest moment ever (or at least that night), Denver ran the kickoff back for a TD (giving me 6 points & the win). I didn't even say anything, just smiled. He was so pissed off, I think he left without saying a word. Just packed up his shit and left me alone to finish the last two pages by myself. Prick.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Nate Kaeding

Tyson Thompson

Draft saved Draft deleted