1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funny fantasy football picks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Henry Burris. I didn't have him, my opponent did. :D

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, I drafted Warner his big year with St. Louis too. I picked him up in the last round of a 14-team league. I figured I could use a starting QB on a bye week, although I forget who my other QB was.

Led me to the league title that year.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Chris "Cab" Calloway and Tony "Touchdown" Simmons once served as the WR duo that propelled me to the title.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Henry Burris, pride of Spiro, Oklahoma. Was that the week he started and lost 15-0 to the Bucs?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Burris is lighting it up in the CFL now.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Any QB taller than 5-6 lights it up in the CFL.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, it was the Sunday or Monday night five-INT game against the FudgePackers.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

He was just trying to be like his hero, Brett Favre.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He should have started taking Vicodin then.

10. n8wilk

n8wilk Guest

I won my first and only fantasy football title one year when Terrell Davis went in the tank against the Dolphins on a Monday Night. Davis only needed like 20 yards or something for my opponent to win and he got hurt or something and never made it. It was a complete fluke, the kind of thing that usually goes against you in all betting matters.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I won that year, too. My opponent had Davis, Ed McCaffrey and someone on the Dolphins, and I had the Dolphins' defense. I went into the game ahead by about five points and won by a couple. It was only that owner's second loss of the entire year, and, given it was my older brother, he wasn't too happy. He also had Cunningham as his QB and the Vikes were beating the Jags so bad that week he was pulled from the game at half.

12. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

In 1990 I drafted San Diego's Rod Bernstine as my tight end. He came into the league as an H-back/TE, but was moved to RB that season. Although he only gained like 600 yards and had 4 TDs, he had a few 100-yard games that season and was a force as a TE.

Draft saved Draft deleted