1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funniest thing you have read on The Onion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Jan 19, 2009.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That one made me almost drop to the floor in a fit of laughter.

Another one of my favorites was also done as a skybox headline: Notorious B.I.G. cremation enters third week.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The HOLY FUCK MAN WALKS ON FUCKING MOON headline still kills me...

Jesus returns to the NBA is an oldie, but classic.

3. Sgt. Bilco

Sgt. Bilco New Member

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Hammurderer" is probably tops, but this also merits some consideration:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29285

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My favorite made up story involved Sportspickle.com. It was about some bum who was labeled cool because he had a 30 year old throwback jersey that he wore over his coat, to keep the coat from ripping open.

Vintage jerseys were in so he was now cool. He said he find the jersey, a Wilt Chamberlain one, by a dead hooker in an alley.

6. doctorx

doctorx Member

What This Town Needs Is A Really Shitty Community Newspaper
    BY LORRAINE OSTROVE
    DECEMBER 18, 2002 | ISSUE 38•47

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This one is the online version of the Dead Sea Scrolls--it was originally published online in 1997 and still makes me laugh: New Cambodian Barnes & Noble

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30084

It is always the same temperature in here, not like the tent where my family lives in the jungle," said Pursat resident Chun Baro from a secluded spot deep within the bookstore's "Wellness And Nutrition" section. "I do not care if I am executed for being in a book store, as my father and three brothers were in 1979. I am cool and dry."

and

Like Norresaprong, farmer Chira Samrong is also a voracious reader—and a serious lover of Tolstoi, to boot. Loading his ox cart with 54 copies of War And Peace, he said, "If I can obtain 200 of such books, I can build a house that will withstand the bullets of Hun Sen's guerrillas and Ranariddh's royalists. My wife was shot in the face last spring."

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The headline's NSFW, but I'll say the first word of it. If you've read it, you know it from this alone.

"Bereaved?"

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33430

9. Mizzougrad96

They had a story about OJ claiming his wife was killed by elves. This came out right out during the trial and I laughed so hard I was thrown out of class.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Remember "Area bassist fellated"?

11. Mizzougrad96

I used to have the Onion shirt that said, "Your favorite band sucks"

It's still funny 14 years later.

12. You beat me to it.
    I'm going to hell for it, but that's probably the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted