1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funniest thing you couldn't laugh at

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Jan 17, 2008.

1. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Damn, going above and beyond there.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Horrible renditions of the national anthem usually get me. I usually just go ahead and laugh, though.

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Absolutely agree there. Carl Lewis is some genius comedy...

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Pretty solid, dude. But I was looking for simply "white" jokes -- not redneck, blond, Irish, Italian. I never could find a good site for them.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

don't want to post them, because, well you know, but if you google racist white jokes, you get about a million options.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

"If you google racist white jokes" ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... just sounds funny.....

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So this one time, a friend of mine and I were hanging out in the newsroom when we noticed this new black guy across the office. He asked me "When did we start hiring n------?" and it was all I could do to keep from laughing.

My sides were splitting this one time we saw this latino guy bringing in some enchiladas for lunch, and my friend turned to me and said, "When did we start hiring wet-----?" cause laugh at something like that and you could get fired.

And who can forget that one time we got the new gay sports reporter? My friend and I heard him talking about his boyfriend to one of the photogs, and my friend turned to me and said, "Better leave before we get AIDS." Man, I was trying so hard not to laugh at that, that tears were streaming down my face.

SUPER LAWLZ GUYZ!

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i actually think mike is googling racist white jokes.

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I worked the door at a nightclub in the late '80s. One night this one-armed guy was walking out and asked if he'd have to pay cover again when he came back. I told him he couldn't get back in unless he came back with his other arm.

11. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

12. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

I went to a high school girls basketball game two years ago. Girl from Team A made a shot, girl from Team B got the defensive rebound and put it back up, gave Team A a bucket. It was Team A's only bucket for that quarter. I laughed my ass off. After the game, I interviewed the girl from Team B and wrote a paragraph about it in my story because I'm an asshole.

Oh, wait, something I didn't laugh at ... huh. Not as easy. I laugh a lot, even when I shouldn't

Draft saved Draft deleted