1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funniest Comedian

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 27, 2012.

?

Who do you think is the funniest comedian>

1. Jerry Seinfeld

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. David Letterman

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Ron White

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  4. Lisa Lampanelli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jay Leno

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Brad Garrett

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Anthony Jeselnik

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Gilbert Gottfried

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

chef - that's one fucking shitty list.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

3 of the 4 have been funny at one time or another. larry the fake cable guy has not and never will be funny.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ouch. She's on the wrong side of 6.

4. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

That list is pretty bad, too. [/pootietang]

5. As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies Active Member

Louie CK and Bill Burr are my top two.
    But in the relatively clean category, Jim Gaffigan cracks me up. He gets more mileage out of food jokes than anyone.

6. JPW

JPW New Member

I agree on Louis CK and Aziz being at or near the top of the list right now. Obviously very different styles, but those two I can listen to over and over. And of course, when he is working, Chapelle is unmatched. His "Killing Them Softly" has gotten me through many long car rides.

Most recently, I listened to Mike Birbiglia's CD "Sleepwalk With Me" on a roadtrip and absolutely loved it. Some call it more of a one-man play rather than a stand-up, but whatever, it is equal parts hilarious and touching, going back and forth between stories about fear of marriage and his love for pizza. After it ended I immediately went back and re-listened to bits. Apparently it was made into a movie premiering soon, so that will be one to seek out for me. I'm not putting him in the discussion of funniest out there, but definitely recommend checking him out.

Also have to mention Brian Regan was the first person who really made me appreciate stand-up. Haven't listened to him in a while, but his goofiness will alway have a place in my heart.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Regan is the monster success that not that many people know about -- yes, that is contradictory.

I heard him on Marc Maron's podcast a few weeks ago and he talked about how he packs them in for his standup shows and then goes home to the family. Doesn't do TV or movies, just sells out theaters.

8. John Sterling's satire

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't have time to go through this whole thread. But good God. That is one shitty ass list.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

you know, in retrospect, it really is, moddy.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I didn't want to say anything, but ...

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like Brian Regan. I think he's funny, but mostly I like him because he reminds me of someone I know.

Draft saved Draft deleted