1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Funniest Comedian

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 27, 2012.

?

Who do you think is the funniest comedian>

1. Jerry Seinfeld

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. David Letterman

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Ron White

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  4. Lisa Lampanelli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jay Leno

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Brad Garrett

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Anthony Jeselnik

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Gilbert Gottfried

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. John

John Well-Known Member

Paul F. Tompkins is probably my favorite right now, followed by Oswalt and Louis C.K. I'm a huge fan off all the stuff Tompkins does, not just standup.

I also really like James Adomian, Bill Burr, Todd Glass, T.J. Miller, John Oliver, Kevin Hart (liked his special a lot more than I thought I would), Chelsea Peretti, Aziz, Wyatt Cenac and a few more -- many of whom I know more from podcasts than their actual standup.

I was blown away by Rock's Bring the Pain, like everyone else, but I haven't really liked his subsequent specials.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't agree with you on much, but on this? One hundred percent.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

In smallish doses, Maria Bamford is as funny as anyone. Don't know that I could listen to her for an hour, though.

4. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Louis CK
    Dave Attell
    Chris Rock
    David Cross
    Ralphie May

I'd take any one of them over what's on that list. When was Leno ever funny?

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dave Attell is Doug Stanhope to a lesser degree. This is not a good thing.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

For me, Kathleen Madigan fits in the "woman I think is hot that others don't" category.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

+1. Actually ran into her once when she was in town, after she appeared on "Last Comic Standing." Told her I thought she was wonderful, and her eyes just lit up. Immediately smitten, I was.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I love the Blue Collar guys, mostly because I'm from that area of the country and I can relate to a lot of their comedy.

Eddie Izzard, because I'm a history nerd.

Bill Cosby. I know it's not recent, but the first time I saw his stand-up from the early 1980s, I kept having to pause because I was laughing so hard.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

RIP.

Patrice O'Neal would be number one if he were still alive.

As far as living, I gotta go with Kevin Hart.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Henry Rollins talking for 45 minutes about a trip to a drug store is funnier than most of the people on that list.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Henry Rollins is great doing comedy. But I'll be damned if I can find much of him.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Nothing you've said on any of the Penn State threads approaches the wrongness of "Henry Rollins is great doing comedy."

Draft saved Draft deleted