1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun with Content Management Systems (Ektron)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

As if I don't have enough work to do, tomorrow I begin loading content for our new company web site. More than 300 pages to load, and we are using a new content management system that I haven't even been trained on.

All I know is the CMS is called Ektron.

Has anyone on here ever used Ektron? If so could you guys provide some insight, tips, anything that will help me out? Bueller?

The only other CMS I have used is Saxotech - I'm hoping Ektron is as easy to use.

2. Ryelle

Ryelle New Member

I work for ektron and can walk you through the steps to edit your site and give you all you need to be a success in a free online demo... contact me directly if you wish...my email is Rob.Yelle@ektron.com and you can ring my desk at (603)816-2016. If you get my V-mail its likely I'm supporting a client so please let me know a good time to call you back and I will get you going ASAP.

PS. it should be easy to do what you need but a few tips and tricks on using the CMS backend and WYSIWYG tools will help you ramp up faster.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ryelle,

Now that's what I call customer service. Training starts tomorrow with our web developer, but if I have any questions, I will keep your number in my back pocket.

Draft saved Draft deleted