1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun story in today's Globe.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Giants fan goes looking for Patriots Championship gear.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/08/10/oh_the_humanity_1218118997/?page=full

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good read!

3. Great lead.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nice story and a fun read. Still, I'd be interested to read a story about how championship gear donated from America (among other clothes) has actually hurt Third World countries' progress, as they don't develop their own textile trade, which could greatly help their economies.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Glad you could make it Mr. Killington.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Reading this story hurts my heart. :(

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Kinda skids to a halt at the end there, but the building absurdity of the whole thing is a nice touch. Who figures he's gonna run into a 6-year-old from Morristown?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A hell of a good, quick zippy article. I just hope articles like this don't wreck the practice of donating the shirts and hats. Or maybe now that the NFL is in the ticket scalping, I mean secondary sales, business they'll just hold on to the shirts and hat, sell them on EBAY and take the money and donate it to those villages.

9. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

All the way to Nicaragua and they only give the people $5? Tsk, tsk. I'd have tossed them a 20-spot.

Draft saved Draft deleted