1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun Quiz - Mitch Hedberg or Steven Wright

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jan 26, 2012.

1. http://mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=630

I only got 6 out of 12.

I'm pissed at myself

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I got 7, and I find neither of them funny.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I got 11 out of 12. Missed the one about the emergency brake and I've never heard of Steven Wright so that just tells you how awesome I think Mitch Hedberg was.

Saw him live about a year before he died. Dude looked stoned but he was hilarious. His two CDs still give me fits even though I pretty much know every word by heart now.

"How can you eat at a time like this? There's people missing!"

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You've never heard of Steven Wright yet love Mitch Hedberg? I feel so sorry for you. I find Hedberg funnier but only slightly.

I got 11 out of 12. I missed the subliminal advertising executive one. Must have missed that line.

5. schiezainc

I don't listen to a lot of stand-up comedy and gave it up right around the time I got sick of Dane Cook. The quotes make it seem like he's similar to Hedberg. I'm guessing from your tone that's he's at least up there.

Hmm.

Perhaps I'll give him a listen.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He's basically Mitch Hedberg but less druggy (though still druggy) and more psychotic. Here's a video:

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Got 7 of 12. Kinda bummed with myself. I have all (I think) three of Hedberg's albums.

8. schiezainc

Oh. I know that dude. Didn't know the name though.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

As you can see from my sig, I'm kind of a Hedberg fan, and Steven Wright was the first comic I saw live (in Columbia, Mo., in 1986.) So I'm disappointed to report I only got 8 out of 12.

Hedberg basically perfected the Steven Wright style, although with a great deal of chemical help. RIP.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "Fuck it, cut em up!"

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

http://mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php#quizDesc

10 out of 12. Killed it.

12. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Got 10 of 12.

Hedberg is an all-time favorite, and during college I got to write a story about Wright, who performed at our school. Dude is a strange, funny man. His scenes in So, I Married an Axe Murderer are fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted