1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun at the Wisconsin State Fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportbook, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I know that if I had the sudden realization I had attended an MC Hammer concert, I'd want to tear shit up.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Please Killick, don't hurt 'em

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

This is the stupidest comment I have ever seen. Blaming a group of African-American randomly beating white people on the state government. You are sad.
    Oh, and I see some have not grown up and still want to throw "teabaggers" around. Just stop. It isn't funny.

The worst thing about this story is the comments section. It is like a bunch of Klansmen got together on a message board. Post-racial my ass.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This has been happening all summer. Water Parks. Fairs. Downtown shopping areas. McDonald's. Denny's. Malls. The aspect no one wants to talk about is the racial identity of the perps (some of the victims in these cases have been black as well). Is it frustration boiling over about the economy? The heat? I don't know. Does anyone?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Your sig saved me the trouble, thanks.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to talk about lawless black punks (allegedly, maybe hypothetically) running amuck? Turn on the radio, surf channels for 30 seconds, and you'll hear five people shrieking about it.

7. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Sorry, but the worst thing about the story is the behavior of the frustrated/deprived/misunderstood/down-and-out boys and girls of that city who decided to beat the shit out of people for kicks on a Thursday night.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I really wonder how much of it is true or otherwise highly exaggerated. Our country has a history with overblowing "racially charged" crime and sometimes it leads to disastrous results.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see a story on this written for a newspaper instead of a TV station.That was painful to read.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There has been video of most of these incidents, if not all of them. The video isn't lying.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I blame the victims.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Are we really surprised that people demonstrate little respect for life or decency after they've spent the entire day munching deep-fried fat on a stick?

Draft saved Draft deleted