1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun at the Wisconsin State Fair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportbook, Aug 5, 2011.

1. sportbook

sportbook Member

Eric, a war veteran, said that the scene he saw Thursday outside State Fair compares to what he saw in combat.

"That rated right up there with it. When I saw the amount of kids coming down the road, all I kept thinking was, 'There's not enough cops to handle this.' There's no way. It would have taken the National Guard to control the number of kids that were coming off the road. They were knocking people off their motorcycles."

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/126825018.html?page=13#comments

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And this, after there were mob attacks during Summerfest. Yikes.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was expecting this thread to involve deceased woodland mammals.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Yessirreeee Bob, there WILL be trouble if them yoots try to horn in on our bonin' of the deer!

5. LeCranke

LeCranke Member

Well, we all should remember that blacks are the original illegal aliens to our fine country, since they did enter the ports sans paperwork, so it just proves yet again the teabaggers were right.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Given the way the state's political leadership has acted like a bunch of thugs, is it any wonder the state's young people feel entitled to do the same?

7. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

And 4th of July beatings/lootings...This crap has been going on for a long time now and has been underplayed.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's not even confined to Wisconsin. In Alabama, there was a "borderline riot" at an Adventure Theme Park in June.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2011/06/borderline_riot.php

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was sad when I went to Summerfest last summer. The night-time atmosphere was no longer as jovial as I had remembered it from the 80s and 90s. There was a certain uncomfortable edge to it which had nothing to do with any kind of racial element. It was to the point where I'd think twice about bringing my kids there at night.

Sad to hear this has spread to the State Fair, which has always cultivated a family-friendly atmosphere. Maybe everyone needs to have a cream puff and calm the fuck down.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

It happens in Philadelphia on a regular basis. Right downtown in Center City, crowds attack innocent tourists, shoppers and the like.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it underplayed in Philadelphia though. The Inquirer and Daily News have had extensive coverage of the flash mobs.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sorry, I had to stop reading when I read the show that night at the fair was MC Hammer.

Draft saved Draft deleted