1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun and interesting twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sarah will pay for the Donna Summer earworm, damn her.

3. Neutral Corner

Ummm. No comment.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

About Suffolk Gazette

You couldn’t make it up. Suffolk is full of strange and wonderful stories, and our tales explode across social media and get repeated by gullible mainstream media, including Sky News and national newspapers.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dear NPR social person:

This tweet is boring.

You should’ve just used the headline.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And the sports department basically works an election night every night. My last managing editor (Jeff Herrin, RIP) admitted that when "the toy department" marveled at how inept the news side was on Election Night deadlines.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If this doesn't make his obit A1, nothing will:

garrow likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

"I ain't never seen nobody drop a beat three minutes into the song!"

I like these kids. They're young and inexperienced and they get some stuff wrong when they try to interpret the songs, but they are fresh and honest. The twin on the left was playing Al Green's "Let's Stay Together". He starts it up and he's bobbing his head and getting into it, and then he pauses it and looks at the camera and says "Some of y'all get up in the comments and make fun because I'm playing classic songs and ain't never heard them before. I'm 22 years old, dude! I'm learning, but that just ain't fair!" - and it was heartfelt.

I watched him say "Ok, I don't do rock music. I don't know nothing about it, but Ima try this and we'll see" and launched into Aerosmith's "Dream On".

They're getting great suggestions, and they react to a very broad field of musical choices, Louis Armstrong, Nirvana, Allman Bros, Steppenwolf, Tool, Ella Fitzgerald. It's kind of amazing the stuff that they had never heard when it's Tupac, or Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy", but its fun, too. Or stuff you *know* they've never heard, like Leslie Gore's "You don't own me".

I think this one it my favorite. You'll see why.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

When he broke up with one, did it get a John Deere letter?

Flip Wilson likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

Gift basket.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted