1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun and interesting twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 13, 2018.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

I don't know where else to put this, I don't know how to start a new thread. I started looking at Flight Radar 24 a couple years ago, I was just wondering where some planes--the very few that flew over a quiet part of the country--were going. malcom Nance on twitter comments now and then on flights around Syria. Interesting to see their air traffic compared to ours in the US, especially north eastern US.
    This link is Syria.
    Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Batman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's fun looking at around this time of night (about 2:30 a.m. CST) and seeing that it's 90 percent cargo planes and international flights passing overhead.
    Looking at Memphis is especially remarkable, with all of the icons of the FedEx planes stacked up on top of each other. I remember covering a college basketball game in Southaven, Miss. (a few miles south of Memphis) and heading down I-55 South just after dark and you could see the landing lights from all of the FedEx planes making their approach. The planes were lined up and spaced perfectly apart as far as the eye could see. It was five or six planes making their approach, but it was always five or six planes. One passed by, they moved up in line, and another one appeared on the horizon.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is current ... kind of disturbing in a way.

flight.png

lakefront likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

7. lakefront

8. lakefront

9. Neutral Corner

Well, 4/20 *is* coming up, so...

10. Neutral Corner

There are things in this life which are all but inevitable, and this is one of them. 0.04

11. lakefront

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted