1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun and interesting twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Similar situation: My sister was driving my wife and I to our mom's when a car pulled up next to us at a red light. We were in the right lane that accessed the freeway. Car next to us wanted to get around us to beat us to the freeway entrance. It didn't work. My sister punched it at the green light and had better acceleration than a minivan. The result was the van missed the freeway entrance. The people in the minivan were pissed and out came the middle finger. I need to mention this was right around Christmas time and the van had a set of those stupid antlers that attached to the window. In their haste to make sure they properly flipped us off before we got on the freeway, their antlers went flying to the road. With howls of laughter, we got on the freeway and went on our merry way. They, with I'm sure plenty of profanity, had to go two lights down, make a U-turn and explain to people why they only had antlers on one side of their van.

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Back in the mid-70s I went to school at Georgia State in downtown Atlanta. I drove into town from the south on I-75/85. There was a stretch as you passed the old Atlanta stadium where there was always a lot of traffic congestion, with the exception of the very inside lane which exited onto I-20 West toward Birmingham. People being the self-centered bastards that they are, there were always jackasses who would jump into that lane and fly on up until just before the exit and then force their way back into the lanes through downtown. This had the result of making people in the next lane have to get on their brakes, and those stoppages would ripple on back down the line. I'd see it every day, and it came to enrage me that these self-important jerks thought that their time was far more important than that of everyone else.

Thus was born the game called "Going to Birmingham". If I was in the lane that they were wanting to push their way into as they got close to the I-20 exit (and to be honest, I got to the point that I deliberately was), I'd carefully not glance over at them as I matched their speed up and down as they tried to force a merge. Done properly with good timing, they'd be forced to continue up the exit lane by traffic behind them, cursing, fuming, and pounding on their steering wheel. The really fun part was that it put them in the outbound lane on 20 and they'd have to drive a couple of miles before the first exit, where they'd have to u-turn and get back into the same nasty early morning traffic they were trying to beat in the first place.

Looking back, I'm not exactly proud of that... but at the time I looked at it as maintaining social order and enforcing good manners. I didn't do it to out of state cars who might have gotten caught out of ignorance, but cars with local tags seldom got mercy. My god, it felt so good to for once be able to do something about it.

3. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Back about 25 years ago I was a passenger with a couple friends and we’re driving on I-287 in New Jersey. We want to go pretty fast, but there’s this asshole going 55 in the left lane. That makes you a real asshole in New Jersey. The guy stays in the way for like 2-3 miles and we’re riding his ass pretty good. He finally moves over, and my friend guns it to at least 75. As we pass the car, we all give him the international dickhead sign. (Put your hands over your head in the shape of - you know. It’s also what avp fans do when a player has an ace. Think ace of spades).
    Anyway we gave him the dickhead sign, and I’m sure he had the last laugh when 2 seconds later we got pulled over and my friend got a ticket. I’m sure that guy saw the cop ahead, and made that move on purpose.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There's a universal dickhead sign? If I saw that I'd think you were singing along to YMCA.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Context!

6. Neutral Corner

Wait for it. Around 0:35.

swingline and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Have seen a couple of these lately on twitter, funny stuff. (the second tweet, band names)

8. Neutral Corner

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If it's prehensile, I'll take one.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted