1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun and interesting twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Mngwa likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Damn.

Saw him live a couple times. Amazing talent.

8. Neutral Corner

I used to run the f/sf writer's autograph room at Dragoncon. One year they had us in an odd space and our line was the other side of a curtain wall from the Walk of Fame, where the actors and other media talent signed autographs for money. Winslow's booth backed up to my curtain wall. Whenever it was quiet on his side, no one to chat with or sign for, he'd pop over the top/through and work the crowd on my side. He was an absolute howl, because you never knew what schtick he was going to pull out. Three days worth. Nice guy, little ego, seemed to genuinely like people.

That was also the year that we had to station someone at the entrance to our area to warn off people who thought that there were more celebs back there. You'd literally stand there and say to oncoming people "This is science fiction writers signing books". Most of them would go "Oh, ok" and turn around. Some would walk on in and see people standing in line for people they had no clue about. My favorite/most enraging moment was the woman I told "This is writers signing books" and she sorta sneered and said in a snotty tone "Oh. Writers", then turned on her heel and walked off.

I wanted to grab her and shake her and say "You know those action movie people you were over there ogling? These are the people who write the stories they make the movies out of". Nyet kulturny.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

I'm sorry, Dragoncon?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

12. Spartan Squad

Let me clarify here (because I too can Google), I was commenting on the complete glossing over of Dragoncon without acknowledging how ridiculous it is your story starts with one time at Dragoncon ...

Neutral Corner and Fred siegle like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted