1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulmer out at Tennessee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by newgrad2008, Nov 3, 2008.

1. derwood

derwood Active Member

Davis is not leaving UNC but Gruden could be the guy.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Here's the other argument against Gruden. The Bucs are 6-3, and have a decent shot at making the playoffs. I doubt he'll ditch that within the timeframe Tennessee is going to want to move in.

If the Bucs make the playoffs, they'll be playing January 3-4. Even if they get eliminated then, it's a month away from signing day.

No chance.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He apparently wanted the Miami job when the Canes hired Shannon, but that's the only time I've heard his name pop up for a job. What do Texas and Florida have in common? They're rich with high school football studs in your backyard. I don't see Leach going somewhere if he would have a tougher climb with recruits. I can see why he would stay at Texas Tech.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True, but I'm guessing he's pretty sick of losing out to UT, Oklahoma among others on most of the top players.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Doesn't Syracuse need to go out and grab a big name? The status of that program is unacceptable.

6. derwood

derwood Active Member

That's what they did last time...

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I couldn't be happier.

And I vote for Leach.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You don't think a season like this will help in that respect? And it's not like he's losing all the battles -- Harrell and Crabtree are there and not in Austin and Norman, right?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Tuberville to Tennessee? Really?

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

In the words of John Ward when he retired: "It's time."

The biggest names the last couple of weeks around here on talk radio (by that I mean hosts who usually are pretty knowledgeable and not callers) are:

Leach and Davis. Cutcliffe is a sentimental favorite, but they need a younger guy.
    One that I find odd and would have to see to believe is Pete Carroll. He'd be nuts to leave USC, but some folks claim he wants to test the SEC waters and isn't fond of inner city LA. Absolutely none of the Carroll stuff comes from me nor do I endorse it as fact, just repeating what I've heard so don't flame me!

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

new coach will be spurrier.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I just had a UT grad say that Pete Carroll might be interested. Fucking delusional.

No way Gruden leaves for college. Can't imagine he would have the patience to kiss booster and teenage ass or sell Golden Flake chips to make side money.

Draft saved Draft deleted