1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulmer out at Tennessee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by newgrad2008, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Kiffin seems like a bit of a reach here.

What about the Vandy coach?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Leach will lose a lot of luster if Tech gets rolled by OU.

And they very well could.

3. Lane Kiffin is smiling and knows why.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Gary Patterson is poised to move up

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not so sure about that. He's had enough success at that place to more than prove he's a damn good coach.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hello Chris!

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

I can not believe this news!

Now there's no way in hell Obama will win tomorrow --cause there's no way in hell 2 things I've been praying for for 2 years BOTH come true this week!

Jon Gruden is my choice, btw.

8. Kool-Aid

Kool-Aid Member

Agreed. I think he's a perfect fit to pump life back into that program. He'd definitely be a 180 from Fulmer ...

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I very much doubt that happens. I don't see Gruden as a college coach, plus he and his buddy Bruce Allen have too good a thing going in Tampa.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

never underestimate the power of a strong-willed wife; in Gruden's case, his is from K-ville and was the head cheerleader when Gruden was on Wlat/Major's staff there in the 80s, and Gruden has many times voiced his appreciation for his days in Tennessee.

Also need to throw Butch Davis into the mix. His name is a popular one in Knoxville.

And Cowher has been on campus a few times over the course of the past year and he has a friendship with one of the main boosters.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Davis needs to stay right where he is. He could own the ACC in a couple of years.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As a guy who has little patience in the first place, I don't get the impression Gruden would care at all for recruiting.

He likes people brought to him, not having to go out and convince them.

Draft saved Draft deleted