1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-timer diddling 20-y.o. part-timer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trunkmonkey, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Get a female friend to call the guy's wife from a pay phone or a *67 number and say, "Here;s a tip, your husband is fucking someone..."

Then let it play out.

Or just mind your own business. ;D

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Chef beat me to it: the key in this whole deal is the 95 percent sure.
    Make a deal out of it and the other five percent is true? Look out belowwwwwwww!

He said they are doing their work, behaving professionally. So he can't bust them on that.

Keep an eye on it. Stay the hell away until it becomes an issue in the workplace. Be 100 percent damn sure before you do shit.

I heard more rumors in my 461-day reign of terror than I could count. Not a one of them true. Everybody loves a good "fucking around in the office" story. Most are bullshit. And by "in" the office, I mean among co-workers.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Have any "in" the office stories, though, meaning IN THE OFFICE, whether it is co-worker, outsider or cleaning lady (my homage to George Costanza)? Regale away, please!

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm with Moddy.

Unless it becomes a workplace issue it's none of anyone's business. And unless you have a smoking gun, this is just gossip mongering.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Human Resources will clear it all up in a half-hour.

Or you could do the prudent thing: mind your own beeswax unless it starts affecting the product.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Half hour where you work maybe. 11 minutes, plus a carbon-copy of a letter of apology in most places.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Certain situations, yes. Not this one.

You talk to him as a friend, but not as the boss, and there's a lawsuit later you're screwed. In this situation, you can't address it as a friend.

8. Shark_Juumper

Shark_Juumper Member

I agree that unless you are 100 percent sure about this, you leave it alone.

That said, would this rumor affect the part-timer's chances of being hired as a full-timer?

Rumors about sleeping your way into a job are a fun way to start a career!

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's none of your business. Leave it alone.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is really all he can do right now, but the problem with that is a situation like this can get really ugly really fast.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As tap and others have said, unless the guy supervises her (i.e., he'd have the ability to fire or promote her), there's really nothing you can do. That's the only way it would become a liability issue.

The guy's an adulterer, yes, but that's not against the law, and probably not against company policy.

12. partain

partain Member

You could setup an email account through yahoo or someplace and just send the guy a link to this thread.

Seeing Mizzou's advice about the phone call to his wife would probably be enough to take care of the situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted