1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-timer diddling 20-y.o. part-timer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trunkmonkey, Aug 19, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

C'mon... is this another way for chazp to wonder if he should mind his own business?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You don't have to be friends with someone you supervise to be concerned about them personally.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Find a way to get rid of the guy - move him to another department, whatever. These things have a way of dragging people down.
    Either that or consult with human resources. Maybe they issue one of those memos from out of the blue clarifying the newspaper's policies on stuff like this.
    Cover your ass.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not a lawyer. For what it's worth, here's my input: The issue is whether he supervises her. If not, leave it alone.
    As I understand it, nobody can build a case against you for maintaining a hostile work environment unless they bring harrassment to your attention and you fail to act. Ignorance is bliss.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh how I hate that fucker.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sure they are, boots.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

"95-percent sure"

Unless you catch your co-worker giving her the old chic-o-stick in the break room, you better be lock, stock and barrel sure of it.

Otherwise, you'll be his next bitch.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Complete opposite -- love that commercial. And the freecreditreport.com commercials.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, but once you are a supervisor your ability to be concerned about them personally is tempered by your responsibilities as their boss.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Winner.

This dude's a cancer in the clubhouse.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Of course, another fun legal minefield to consider is (a) he breaks up with her, then (b) she gets tossed in the next round of layoffs.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I tend to think being the boss makes the personal aspect more important, but to each his own.

Draft saved Draft deleted