1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-time Sports Writer needed at The News-Dispatch (Michigan City, IN)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MC Sports Guy, Dec 19, 2013.

1. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

The News-Dispatch, a daily publication located in Northwest Indiana and less than an hour from Chicago, is seeking a full-time, experienced sports writer. The position offers competitive benefits and salary. Main coverage is of high school sports and a weekly column is also a requirement.

Interested applicants should send a resume and clips to Managing Editor Adam Parkhouse at aparkhouse@thenewsdispatch.com (preferable) but may also be mailed to 121 W. Michigan Blvd., Michigan City, IN, 46360.

Also, if you have any questions about the position, area or company, feel free to email the above address or send me a message on here.

2. valpo87

valpo87 Guest

I went to college in that area (obviously you could imagine by my username I went to Valparaiso). Nice area. Not sure about the paper and the pay. I honestly would apply for the gig considering how close it is to where I grew up and I haven't seen some friends in five years since graduation.

Any details from someone in the know?

3. DancesWithDirt

DancesWithDirt New Member

They had an opening there several months ago. I wonder if this is the same position. I applied and never got an interview.

4. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

The job is, in reality, more of an assistant sports editor position. Looking for someone with some experience and also strong leadership qualities.

This is not the same position that was advertised earlier in 2013. That person is still here and doing very well.

5. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Update, it's been filled

Winner is Carron J. Phillips

https://twitter.com/APSE_sportmedia/status/437947991262232576

Draft saved Draft deleted