1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-time Sports Reporter, Woodstock CT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by vols1998, Feb 5, 2013.

1. vols1998

vols1998 New Member

Company: Villager Newspapers
    Position: Full-time Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: March 12

Description:

Do you live and die for the local high school football season? Never miss a wrestling match, basketball game or swim meet? Have you always wanted to share the highlights of local athletic events? Villager Newspapers, part of an established and thriving local newspaper publishing company, seeks a full-time sports writer to provide detailed coverage of local sports in northeast Connecticut. The job will include gathering information, taking photos, and being the face of The Villager at sporting events. This is an excellent career opportunity with growth potential and the support of a growing local publishing company. We offer paid vacation, paid mileage, a 401K savings plan, plus the training and support of a top-notch publishing team. Candidates must be able to work nights and weekends. No relocation. Must live in and be familiar with northeast Connecticut for application to be considered. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of a great team! Send your resume to Frank Chilinski at frank@villagernewspapers.comor mail to: Villager Newspapers, Attn: Editor, P.O. Box 196, Woodstock, CT 06281. Stonebridge Press is an equal opportunity employer.

2. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

Good luck finding someone who "lives and dies for the local high school football season," and "never misses a wrestling match, basketball game or swim meet."

3. grapp08

grapp08 New Member

I only once missed a swim meet, but have never forgiven myself for it.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I applied for this only because its relatively close ... Methinks I'm a tad overqualified, but if the pay is at least what I was making at my old shop, I'd do it. Job's a job

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I missed an awful lot of JV and junior high events. Actually all of them.

I hate myself.

6. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure why they mentioned swim meets ... none of the high schools in the Quiet Corner, as NE Connecticut is known, has swimming, unless this sneaks over the border into Massachusetts.

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Just wanted to say I saw your screen name and found it to be one of the more unique - and lengthy - screen names I've ever seen. End of aside. Y'all can resume conversation about the job now.

Draft saved Draft deleted