1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-time sports reporter, Jamestown Sun, Jamestown, ND

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Airhose, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Airhose

Airhose New Member

The Jamestown Sun, an award winning six-day daily in south-central North Dakota, is accepting applications for a full-time sports reporter. We’re one of North Dakota’s top small daily newspapers in a family-owned corporation that highly values strong local coverage and content.

We seek an outgoing individual who likes the hustle of a daily paper while simultaneously enjoying the smaller community lifestyle. Successful sports reporters will produce content for all platforms, should have excellent news judgment, drive to develop story ideas and the ability to work under deadlines.

The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor of Arts in journalism, have strong communication, organization and time-management skills, excellent writing skills, have familiarity in all areas of sports coverage, be able to meet deadlines and must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company. Sports positions require some evening work along with a rotating weekend schedule.

Email resume to dselvig@jamestownsun.com.

NOTES: I'm leaving the industry. This is the position I'm leaving behind. Forum Communications just took over all layout duties, so there is no layout in this job anymore. Also, the Sun has a full-time photographer. Some light photography work when he's not available. The sports section has been No. 1 in our circulation the past three years.

Message me if you have any questions.

2. Airhose

Airhose New Member

To add, it's a three-person staff.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Jamestown College, strong high school and American Legion programs. Some talk of a possible Northwoods League expansion team to accompany the new Bismarck franchise. Darin Erstad's hometown, 90 miles to Fargo (east) or Bismarck (west), easy 5-6 hours to the Cities, and home to a huge bison alongside I-94. You could do a lot worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted