1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Full-Time Michigan Recruiting Reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by EJ Holland, Sep 6, 2021.

1. EJ Holland

EJ Holland New Member

We are looking for a full-time football recruiting reporter for TheWolverine.com and The Wolverine, a website and publication covering athletics at the University of Michigan (currently part of the Rivals network). Duties include breaking news, writing articles and columns, traveling to meet with recruits across the country, covering high school games and recruiting events, interacting on message boards, and appearing on radio and YouTube shows and podcasts.

Requirements include previous newspaper or website writing experience (preferably covering recruiting), attention to detail, strong work ethic, desire to learn, ability to work under deadlines and willingness to travel. Competitive salary with benefits. Can work remotely.

Send resume and clips to ejhollandrivals@gmail.com

2. EJ Holland

EJ Holland New Member

Hey guys,

You would be working directly with me in this position. Let me know if you have any questions. I worked at The Dallas Morning News for a few years and covered Texas for 247Sports for five years before making the move to the Michigan beat. I love it and am extremely happy at The Wolverine. Michigan recruits all over the country, which is a big plus. It's a true national beat, so you'll have an opportunity to build a big network (yes, all travel is paid for).

Draft saved Draft deleted