1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FU HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Right now on the Home Box Office: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (some fucking Eric Roberts, movie I imagine), The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2005); Jungle Fever (1991); Big Love (which I've already seen twice); Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (for the four millionth time); the end of King Kong and The Man without a face.

Scroll down to Skinemax and X-Men The Last Stand (2007) and Lady in the Water (2006) are both on, neither which I've seen and wouldn't mind seeing at 1 a.m. but can't because I don't subscribe to what is supposed to be the slutty sister of HBO.

Except for The Wire, the now deceased Sopranos (and the other original shows - on which the jury is still out) there is no fucking reason whatsoever to watch HBO anymore. All it offers is one new movie a week (You Me and Dupree - type shit) and next week "A Prairie Home Companion."

That's it. I'm almost tempted to fucking cancel it until the Wire starts again.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is far from some crappy Eric Roberts movie. Stars Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer, and was one of the best overlooked movies of last year. Worth checking out.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Here's a novel idea W-B... cancel your fucking service and STFU!

4. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I think Jarhead's been on about 37 times already this month. Still watch it just about every time. But, yeah, I know ... except for their tremendous original shows, the rest of it blows.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

You might wanna try HBO Zone right now, W-B. you might find some Skinemax-like entertainment.

6. I don't want Skinemax, you dirty old man. :D

I could cancel HBO and STFU, but then I'd miss the original programming ... it'd just be nice once in a while to see a decent movie with a plot and curse words.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

W-B... I have 13 HBO channels, 6 starz channels, 8 encores .. and 9 nights out of 10 I can't find a decent movie to watch when I come home from work a 1 a.m.

But I just found Summer of Sam on some encore channel.

8. I've just got the eight HBO channels on Directv ... none of the other movie channels. I'm thinking about Encore or Starz. I'm trying to be careful with my money to have some whenever the kid needs something, so blowing more on some movie channels isn't really a priority.

On Demand sounds nice but I'll never go back to cable. Ever.

9. Isn't it? When I was with Charter a long time ago we had OnDemand. With Directv we have payperview movies but I can't access HBO On Demand.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

My $70 a month Cablevision IO has on-demand, all kinds of ppv channels, all those movie channels with nothing on and about 600 other digital things.
    I don't understand the fascinatioin with direct tv

11. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

I hear you but I LOVE Tripplehorn & big love.

If I could find a wife as awesome as her (her character in the show at least) I would be truly happy (or so I think - lol).

To be that badass & strong/loving as well as smoking hot in her mid 40's rocks! I need to find me one of those & have some superkids!

Of course, Margine brings it too :)

In any event it's a great show. HBO cranks out the hits.

12. Not so much that I looove Directv, it's that I hate cable. Bills going up every few months, poor customer service, always deleting channels you wanted and adding those you don't. I've been with three cable companies over the last six years. Everyone was a guaranteed mind-fuck. Directv has good service, the NFL and no hassle.

Draft saved Draft deleted