1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FU Burger King

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, it's true, isn't it? Even two years ago, it was probably cheaper and CERTAINLY healthier to eat "fast food" at home. And it's surely cheaper now.

I buy a couple four-packs of Perdue chicken patties (on sale this week at Waldbaum's and other A&P stores!) and put them in the freezer. When I want to eat crap, I toast a couple patties as well as a serving of fries (17 fries, give or take a few...ok, give a few) and eat it with an iced tea as my drink. That dinner is high on sodium (not sure of the exact count), but under 800 calories (250 or so for the patties, I think, and 120 for the fries). I don't eat that every day...once a week, tops. But I still haven't learned to like veggies and other textbook healthy foods, so this meal satiates my hunger without clogging my arteries.

I've eaten fast food twice in six months...both times I ordered the 99 cent Wendy's chicken sandwiches w/nothing on them and nothing w/them. I understand, of course, that sometimes you're on the road and you want to eat w/o blowing $20 at a restaurant. But other than that, not eating fast food is as smart a financial choice as it is a healthy one.

-lecture over-

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Along those lines, I did eat two thickburgers once. But they were singles.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was just giving you shit, BYH, not arguing your point.

Excuse me as I go get two Philly Cheesesteak Thickburgers, a large fry and a bucket of soda.

[​IMG]

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry IJAG. It's so very difficult to tell these days what bothers people these days on SportsJournalists.com and what doesn't.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, BYH, this is a fast food thread. Can you respect that, dickhead?

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I live well north of the Mason-Dixon line, therefore never had whataburger.

WANT. (as said before)

7. pallister

pallister Guest

As I've done before, I'll vote for Kuma's Corner (in Chicago) as the best burger joint around.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Been to Texas twice. Made sure to hit a Whataburger both times. It should be on everyone's bucket list.

Also, that Hardee's Monster Burger was enough of a meal before the switch to Thickburger patties. I think it was 2/3rd of a pound back then (a full pound now, I think). Haven't been near a Hardees during lunch or dinner since then, but I have had the Monster Biscuit. Once you recover from the heart attack, you're good to skip lunch if you have to.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That was, by far, the most boring, look-at-me post I've ever read. Way to keep me on the edge of my seat.

10. Must say that althought I have a whataburger like ten minutes away, I would rather go to Five Guys. We have two locations here and they are freaking great. BK just completely sucks balls.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Well.....fuck you and the medium cholesterol, no trans fat, high fiber horse you rode in on.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I bet you felt like you needed to take a shit by mile 25.

Draft saved Draft deleted