1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FSU's cowgirl celebrates her birthday on SI.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rufino, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

APNEWSALERT

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Gutter, long know for his love of bowling and the Milwaukee Brewers, has been removed as global moderator of the Web site SportsJournalists.com on Wednesday.

The decision came after an insult lobbed at site administrator Webby on the Anything Goes board.

"Fuck Gutter. Jenn Sterger did not run away from me," Webby said when reached for comment.

Gutter was not available for comment. It was rumored he was off lamenting the latest Green Bay Packers loss and their subsequent elimination from the NFC playoff picture.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Is Gutter well known enough to use his name in the lead rather than saying "A Wisconsin man ..."?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sheeeiiiittt, ain't a bitch from Portland, Ore., to Portland, Maine, who doesn't know Gutter.

Looking back, though, I should have used was instead of has been.

4. Clever username

Touche, sir.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, well I am. ;) ;)

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A local global moderator....[/onion]

7. Canyonero!

Canyonero! Member

Something that baffles me with Cowgirl is there are hundreds of equally as good looking girls at FSU, Florida, USC, Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, etc. who dress equally as skanky at football games. Odds are at least one could write columns that were more like journalism and less like a Myspace blog.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But Brent Musberger didn't make the infamous comment when the camera was on them during that Canes-Florida State game, so they miss out.

9. Clever username

What'd he say?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Remarkable streak of luck: right place, right moment, right hat. Change any one of the three and Jenn Sterger is just another anonymous college coed who was on TV for five seconds at a football game.

11. Clever username

So I looked it up on the Google and found out through this terrifying blog entry from Will Carroll: http://thejuice.baseballtoaster.com/archives/433202.html

I still say she's vaccuous and insipid.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Do you mean "tasteless" or "boring?" Methinks the latter, but Merriam-Webster makes "tasteless" the first definition, and at the very least Miss Sterger is no Miss Hilton, Spears or Lohan.

Draft saved Draft deleted