1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FSU: You can't make this stuff up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 30, 2014.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hard to believe something hasn't been posted yet here.

FSU uses a public park near its Louisville hotel for a walk-through Wednesday afternoon. People who actually believed they were allowed to use a public park were harassed by grad assistants, student trainers, student mangers, rent-a-cops ... no one really knows.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/27159688/crawford-hide-your-women-crab-legs-and-cameras-florida-state-has-arrived-in-louisville

Then the team walks back to their hotel .. going past a Joe's Crab Shack:

http://deadspin.com/florida-state-just-taking-a-stroll-in-front-of-joes-cra-1652478979

As I said, you can't make this stuff up. Wasn't there one person in the FSU official party who didn't think another route was in order?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There are so many places you'd need to avoid if you have Jameis on your team: A Burger King, a memorabilia store, an open quad area, a dorm with freshmen coeds, a bb gun store. Its gotta get complicated.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

FSU is in full us-against-the-world mode, and I'm sure the people of Tallahassee are eating up this display of righteous civil disobedience.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Yeah they have pretty much accepted it and decided to go with it.

Hell it worked for Miami for about a seven-year span. Imagine the shitstorm the Hurricanes wouldhave caused if social media existed around the mid-80s.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

We had dinner at that Joe's Crab Shack while I was in Louisville this summer. The food was just OK, nothing special.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Joes is Red Lobster. Nothing more.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jimbo Fisher and Jameis Winston have pulled off the near-impossible: They've made college football fans with no particular rooting interest pull for Notre Dame and Bobby Petrino.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And Miami in a couple of weeks.

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

As a Carolina grad, I appreciate what FSU is doing right now. It's much obliged.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Good Wetzel column on Fisher's self-inflicted wounds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-jimbo-fisher-became-the-most-disliked-coach-in-america-151931804.html

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

so I have a quarterback who is a thief and an alleged rapist handing off the ball to a guy being questioned in beating up a woman and a robbery, coached by a man who keeps his head buried in the sand because its better that way.

Why do I watch this shit again?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Which booster pays child support for Carlos Williams Sr.'s kids?

Draft saved Draft deleted