1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FSU: You can't make this stuff up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 30, 2014.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hard to believe something hasn't been posted yet here.

FSU uses a public park near its Louisville hotel for a walk-through Wednesday afternoon. People who actually believed they were allowed to use a public park were harassed by grad assistants, student trainers, student mangers, rent-a-cops ... no one really knows.

Then the team walks back to their hotel .. going past a Joe's Crab Shack:

As I said, you can't make this stuff up. Wasn't there one person in the FSU official party who didn't think another route was in order?
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There are so many places you'd need to avoid if you have Jameis on your team: A Burger King, a memorabilia store, an open quad area, a dorm with freshmen coeds, a bb gun store. Its gotta get complicated.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

FSU is in full us-against-the-world mode, and I'm sure the people of Tallahassee are eating up this display of righteous civil disobedience.
  4. Yeah they have pretty much accepted it and decided to go with it.

Hell it worked for Miami for about a seven-year span. Imagine the shitstorm the Hurricanes wouldhave caused if social media existed around the mid-80s.
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

We had dinner at that Joe's Crab Shack while I was in Louisville this summer. The food was just OK, nothing special.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Joes is Red Lobster. Nothing more.
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jimbo Fisher and Jameis Winston have pulled off the near-impossible: They've made college football fans with no particular rooting interest pull for Notre Dame and Bobby Petrino.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And Miami in a couple of weeks.
  9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

As a Carolina grad, I appreciate what FSU is doing right now. It's much obliged.
  10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Good Wetzel column on Fisher's self-inflicted wounds.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

so I have a quarterback who is a thief and an alleged rapist handing off the ball to a guy being questioned in beating up a woman and a robbery, coached by a man who keeps his head buried in the sand because its better that way.

Why do I watch this shit again?
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Which booster pays child support for Carlos Williams Sr.'s kids?
Draft saved Draft deleted